- Process-oriented rather than results-oriented.
- Teaches a ‘Caring Evangelization’ cycle which offers a positive model of conversion for Christians and non-Christians.
- Intensive teaching of four evangelizing skills: building relationships, listening, witnessing, and praying.
- Participants could proceed into further training as Licensed Evangelists in the Diocese of Edmonton, if they so desire, but this is not required; the course is open to all.
The sixteen-module course will be taught intensively over two weekends:
- Friday November 29th (evening) and Saturday November 30th (morning and afternoon), at St. Mary’s, Edmonton.
- Friday January 17th evening, Saturday 18th morning and afternoon, Sunday 19th afternoon, at Holy Trinity Riverbend, Edmonton.
We will ask for billets for out-of-town participants in order to keep costs to a minimum. There will be a registration fee of $50. Please contact Margaret Marschall at the Synod Office to register: 780-439-7344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Caring Evangelism, see the Stephen Ministries website:
You can also contact me at email@example.com or 780-437-7231; I will be the trainer for this course.